- Gilly Langton — Contemporary Jewellery
- The Big Summer Jewellery Show
- Showcasing Gilly’s new collection of sterling silver, gold and hand dyed elastic jewellery. This year Gilly will be introducing her first bespoke gold collection including earrings, necklaces and rings.
- Plockton based international jewellery designer Gilly Langton presents her annual jewellery exhibition in her local village hall. The show has gone from strength to strength over the past eight years, since Gilly made the big move from Lancashire to Plockton after completing a residency here in 2005, she fell in love with the inspiring scenery of the west coast of Scotland, which is reflected in her silver and hand dyed jewellery.
- 2014 has been a great year for Gilly. So far, she has just completed a commission for WHR, creating the Women’s Henley Regatta Jewellery Collection, showcasing her collection at Dazzle jewellery show at the Dovecot, Edinburgh 1–25 August, the prestigious Goldsmith’s Fair, London 30 Sep–5 Oct and then she flies out to Chicago to show at SOFA Chicago alongside ten other contemporary Scottish designers in November.
- Gilly’s work is also available at www.gillylangton.co.uk
- Monday 21 — Saturday 26 July
- Plockton Village Hall
- 11–6pm daily
- Tannahill Weavers
- One of Scotland's premier traditional bands.
Their diverse repertoire spans the centuries with fire-driven instrumentals, topical songs, and original ballads and lullabies.
- Their music demonstrates to old and young alike the rich and varied musical heritage of the Celtic people.
- Saturday 26 July, 7:30pm
Plockton Village Hall
- Tickets: £10 at the door
- Contact email@example.com
- Plockton Historical Society
- Programme of talks — 2014
- 25 September — Richard Wilberforce
"The History of Local Mansions"
- 16 October — Bill Ramsay
"The History of West Coast Wrecks"
- 20 November, "Subject and speaker to be arranged" — followed by an informal evening with wine, cheese and mince pies. No admission charge. All welcome.
- All talks are on a Thursday 7:30pm
Plockton Village Hall
£1.50 members, £3.00 non-members
- Music at the Hotels
- Traditional ceilidh music by local musicians
- At the Plockton Hotel —
every Wednesday starting in the early summer,
- At the Plockton Inn —
every Thursday through the year
and every Tuesday from around Easter,
- The Plockton Inn Quiz
- The long-running Friday Quiz, MC is Susan or Mary
- Every Friday from 21:00, until the summer
- Regatta 2014
- The main fortnight of the sailing season, although races take place before and after. Culminates with Regatta Weekend: concert (tickets), dance (tickets), Commodore's Party (invite only), all on Friday.
- On Saturday, after the children's Ragamuffin race (morning), street parties with local bands outside the hotels (all welcome).
- Regatta always starts on the Monday following the fourth Sunday in July.
- Monday 28 July — Saturday 9 August
- Hogmanay New Year 2014/15
- Traditionally celebrated
- There will be a bonfire and fireworks at midnight (the bells) on the island, viewed from the car park. Bring your own bottle.
- There will likely be a dance at the hall, going through midnight till the wee hours.
- Wednesday 31 December 2014