- Bridge Week
- No Fear Bridge for Beginners Course
- Bridge is addictive, competitive, deadly serious, and great fun. See Rule 74 . . .
- Join us at Plockton Gallery and Guesthouse. Miriam is hosting a unique week's Bridge holiday. An opportunity to relax, enjoy and learn Bridge! (Basically because SHE wants to play the game. LOL.)
- A six-night (five full days) course with lots of lectures, tuition and games, taught by an expert, the charming David McLeod from Dundee Bridge Club.
- Sunday 10 — Saturday 16 May 2015
at Plockton Gallery and Guesthouse
- The all-in price, £380, includes six nights bed and breakfast plus buffet lunches, morning coffee and afternoon tea; together with all bridge sessions, prizes and tuition.
- Bookings should be accompanied by a non-refundable £60 deposit which is payable by BACS or cheque to Plockton Gallery. Should your booking be made less than four weeks before the event, then full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Your room will be available by 2.30pm on the day of arrival and should be vacated by 11am on the day of departure.
- A few places for non-residential participants may be available at £175.
- For more details of this event, contact Miriam@plocktongallery.com
or call Miriam on 07747 777 601
- Plockton Historical Society
- Programme of talks — 2015
- 23 April — Richard Wilberforce
"An Historic Voyage around Loch Carron based on a Diary from 1882"
- 14 May — Ian Grimmer
"The History of the White Fish Industry in Scotland"
- All talks are on a Thursday 7:30pm
Plockton Village Hall
£1.50 members, £3.00 non-members
- Music at the Hotels
- Traditional ceilidh music by local musicians
- At the Plockton Hotel —
every Wednesday starting in the early summer,
- At the Plockton Inn —
every Thursday through the year
and every Tuesday from around Easter,
- The Plockton Inn Quiz
- The long-running Friday Quiz, MC is Susan or Mary
- Every Friday from 21:00, until the summer
- Regatta 2015
- The main fortnight of the sailing season, although races take place before and after. Culminates with Regatta Weekend: concert (tickets)and a dance (tickets), both on Friday.
- On Saturday, after the children's Ragamuffin race (morning), street parties with local bands outside the hotels (all welcome).
- Regatta always starts on the Monday following the fourth Sunday in July.
- Monday 27 July — Saturday 8 August 2015
- Hogmanay New Year 2015/16
- Traditionally celebrated
- There will be a bonfire and fireworks at midnight (the bells) on the island, viewed from the car park. Bring your own bottle.
- There will likely be a dance at the hall, going through midnight till the wee hours.
- Thursday 31 December 2014