- Douglas & Brenda Hamilton
- Caledonian Maps
- Ross-shire IV40 8DZ
Historical maps of Scotland – ideal for gifts, framing, or just for map lovers.
|open: All Year|
|We are primarily a mail order business but you are welcome to call. However, please phone beforehand.|
|01599 588 220|
- please note . . .
- We also do self-catering in Plockton — Hawthorn Cottage
- caledonian maps . . .
- Victorian Ordnance Survey Maps — full details from the 1870s, printed in 1896, one-inch-to-the-mile. Complete coverage.
- County Maps of Scotland — very attractive coloured county maps from an 1847 atlas, enlarged and suitable for framing.
- Large Scale County Maps — Angus 1794, Ayrshire 1775, Perthshire 1783, Stirlingshire 1817, all superb quality.
- Province of Moray — in 1798, including Buckie, Keith, Glass, Laggan, Foyers, Inverness, Dingwall and Nigg.
- Atlas of Scotland in 1912 — full colour, unfolded, half-inch-to-the-mile.
- Scottish Town Plans 1818–1825 — ideal for anyone interested in local and family history. Great detail, scales vary. Top quality and unfolded, good for framing.
- Edinburgh in 1817 — a set of six large maps showing the whole of Edinburgh and Leith on a scale of 125 yards per inch, showing individual houses and many owners' names. “. . . the finest plan of Edinburgh of the earliest part of the 19th Century.”
- Site maps for planning permission, house purchase etc now available
- We stock Iain Matheson's “A Short History of Times in Plockton”.
- On our website, you will find more information, map examples and an easy-to-use on-line order form.